Re: Ext3 documentation

From: Marius Gedminas (mgedmin@centras.lt)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 12:26:59 EST

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 09:17:00AM -0700, Randy.Dunlap wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Vincent Hanquez wrote:
>
> | Here a (small) documentation for ext3 filesystem.
> | it seem now correct/accurate. report me any problem/bugs
> |
> | It can be merge in 2.4/2.5 kernel I think. feedback appreciated.
>
> Here are a few typo corrections for you. My correction lines
> begin with '#'.

I found a couple more.

> jounal=update Update the ext3 file system's journal to the
> current format.

'jounal'?

> bsddf (*) Make 'df' act like BSD.
> minixdf Make 'df' act like Minix.

A couple of additional lines for clueless users (like me) would be
nice.

> errors=remount-ro(*) Remount the filesystem read-only on an error.
> errors=continue Keep going on a filesystem error.
> errors=panic Panic and halt the machine if an error occurs.

mount(8) claims the default is set in the superblock. (It certainly
wasn't remount-ro when I mountend an ext3 fs on 2.4.18.)

Marius Gedminas

--
The IQ of the group is the lowest IQ of a member of
the group divided by the number of people in the group.