Re: New BK License Problem?

From: Werner Almesberger (wa@almesberger.net)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 11:30:44 EST

[ Ccs trimmed ]

Ingo Molnar wrote:
> just wondering where the boundary line is. Eg. if i started working on a
> versioned filesystem today, i'd not be allowed to use BK. I just have to
> keep stuff like that in mind when using BK.

Worse yet, assuming you work for a sufficiently large company,
your license is void if or as soon as anybody works in that
company's name on something BKS (or any legal successor of
them *) considers as competition.

(* I'm not a lawyer, but I'm not sure if GPLing BK in the last
   moment before, say, bankruptcy, would really work.)

- Werner