FIle System In Embedded Devices

From: Purushothaman Ravikumar (purush_ravi@rediffmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 10:06:16 EST

Dear All,

Can I know the file system that is used in the embedded devices
based on linux? i.e whether it is RAM DISK based file system or
JFFS.

Because, currently I am using RAM DISK file system of size 8 MB.
When i try to increase the size beyond 11 MB the kernel crashes
during boot. Again If i try to use 11 or 10 MB RAM DISK file
system, the kernel boots successfully but i am not able to load
some of the kernel modules.

But i need a file system of size atleast 11 MB.

Can any body throw some light on this?

with best regards,
Purush

(Note : my target board has 32 MB RAM.)