Re: New BK License Problem?

From: Skip Ford (skip.ford@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 03:46:45 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Larry McVoy wrote:
> > Anyway, we have the BK data, if you have data that says the rate of change
> > has gone down since he started using BK, let's see it. If all you are
> > saying is that he isn't publishing ftp-able snapshots every hour, that's
> > a problem that HPA or whoever could easily fix with a shell script.
>
> Hourly snapshots can easily be done if wanted.
> Just a simple "crontab -e" for me.
>
> Note they are public now, at
> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.5/snapshots/
> (and I promised Marcelo I would do this for 2.4 too...)

What I would like to see is a 'linux-commits' mailing list where
Woodhouse's per changeset diffs can all be posted. Refreshing the webpage
over and over waiting for new patches isn't fun. And that info can't be
fingered for.

I appreciate that he does it. It's a nice service he provides. But I'm
sure Linus could write a script that mails 'linux-commits' with a diff
for each changeset easily.

--
Skip