Re: 2.4.19 NFS file perms

From: Richard Zidlicky (rz@linux-m68k.org)
Date: Sat Oct 05 2002 - 15:36:34 EST

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 05:07:33PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:

> > > Hi, on an NFS mounted fs, executing as root I see this:
> >
> > > read(4, 0xefffe4cb, 1) = -1 EIO (Input/output error)
> >
> > > glibc crashes in fgets because it doesn't expect the problem
> > > after the file has been successfully opened and mapped.. who is
> > > at fault here?
> >
> > The 'soft' mount option perhaps?

no, automount entry is
nfsr -rw,noatime rz:/usr/m68kroot

> If glibc crashes because of an unmap you are I suspect running a gcc 2.3
> snapshot with the buggy and bogus mmap stdio option. If so turn it off
> before it does any more harm.

thanks, this seems to be one part of the solution - it is a glibc snapshot
from rawhide, somewhat aged in the meantime.
I am still surprised that NFS returns such strange error instead of
EACCESS but that is probably bad interaction with the old NFS server.

Richard
.