Re: 2.5.40: some results...

From: Wakko Warner (wakko@animx.eu.org)
Date: Sat Oct 05 2002 - 17:24:51 EST

> First one reaction: Whoooow this kernel boots / responds fast ! Nice job
> guys! No need to update this Dual PII 333 for the next century :)
>
> Anyway. It boots and runs, only "scheduling while atomic" sounds very bad to
> me. Furthermore the famous Debug: sleeping function called from illegal
> context at slab.c:1374 and friends, I think you have seen most of them
> already.
>
> I marked all places I found odd with "^^^^^" search for those and you'll find
> them. If any of these is new, please let me know, I'll provide details / test
> results on demand.
>
> Uptime is half an hour now, no ide problems yet. Time to stress the bitch.
> Unfortunately I'm out of CD-rw's so no burning tests for the weekend.
>
> I'm impressed, and back in the 2.5 testing business.

I can't get it to compile for me. ide and serial both bomb out. I'm
compiling as a module for both of these (I was going to test on an nfs
root/netboot machine and I modularize EVERYTHING! =)

If you want my .config and errors, I'll send them. There was a few things I
changed in the source to get it to compile (serial was ok after removing an
#if test) and ide had unresolved symbols (ide being a few ide modules)

I'm not at that machine at this time and have no access to it (but will
later today).