Re: 2.5 Problem Report Status

From: Thomas Molina (tmolina@cox.net)
Date: Sat Oct 05 2002 - 17:10:58 EST

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, Mikael Pettersson wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Oct 2002 11:57:59 -0500 (CDT), Thomas Molina wrote:
> > open 29 Sep 2002 IDE problems on prePCI
> > 8. http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=103277899317468&w=2
> >
> >Mikael Pettersson <mikpe@csd.uu.se> reported this problem and proposed a
> >patch. Was the patch accepted, and did it fix the problem?
>
> The patch was for minor subproblem, not the instant reboot problem.
> The reboot still occurs in 2.5.40.
>
> Another issue: initrd appears to be broken since 2.5.38. See the
> "initrd breakage in 2.5.38-2.5.40" thread.

I misunderstood the timing of Al Viro's proposed fix for the problem. I
thought it was going in right away and the issue would be moot. I've
added it to my list. Unfortunately, I'm getting connection refused
messages when trying to connect to bkbits, so I'm unable to browse the
comments like I usually do when researching this stuff.