Re: New BK License Problem?

From: Ben Collins (bcollins@debian.org)
Date: Sat Oct 05 2002 - 14:06:38 EST

> free SCM (ie, working on CVS, Subversion etc); he couldn't be an effective
> kernel developer today (ie, using BK) and also continue working on the other
> open source project...

I don't want to get the wrong point across. I don't use BK to do kernel
development. I live just fine without it, and my patches get accepted
just fine by Linus, Marcelo and DaveM. The Linux1394 project survives
using Subversion for our repository.

Now, other more serious kernel developers who have been using BK for
some time, may one day find they'd like to help a competing project.
They have to make a choice between the means that they develop for the
linux kernel and helping a project they have become interested in.

Suddenly all the kernel developers who have staked their work in BK
cannot work on a "competing" product to BK, without changing their
development model.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/