Re: IDE subsystem issues with 2.4.1[89] [REVISITED]

From: Andre Costa (brblueser@uol.com.br)
Date: Sat Oct 05 2002 - 10:18:23 EST

Hi Alan, thks for replying.

So, this basically means 2.4.20 final will contain all improvements on
the -ac branch plus the critical backports from 2.5.x? Will this be the
cure to all my probls? ;)

Seriously speaking: do you have confirmartion that the IDE updates on
the -ac branch fix the cd audio ripping timeouts? Do you want me to try
it out? <newbie>If so, can I simply apply the 2.4.20-pre8-ac3 on top of
my vanilla 2.4.19 source code or is any other patch required?</newbie>

Again, thks for looking into this.

Best,

Andre

On 05 Oct 2002 16:59:39 +0100
Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 2002-10-05 at 14:47, Andre Costa wrote:
> > I know this is a known issue, and you guys are working on it; I also
> > know many changes to IDE subsystem have been backported from 2.5.x
> > series, and 2.4.20pre* already reflect some (all?) of them. I don't
> > want to rush things, I was just curious to know the current status
> > regarding these IDE issues.
>
> 2.5 has most but not all of the IDE updates in 2.4-ac. 2.4 vanilla has
> basically old IDE code but with some small PCI layer fixes backported
> that deal with all the i845G bios mess
>

> -
> linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org

Andre Oliveira da Costa