Re: O(1) Scheduler from Ingo vs. O(1) Scheduler from Robert

From: Robert Love (rml@tech9.net)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 10:15:09 EST

On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 11:17, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Marc-Christian Petersen wrote:
>
> > say, can anyone explain me why $subject patches are so different? What
> > exactly are the important differences, what patch should we use?
>
> well as far as i can tell Robert has put other stuff into his patch, which
> isnt really part of the O(1) scheduler. So i'd call it "the O(1) scheduler
> plus stuff".

There should _not_ be other things in the patch aside from the
scheduler. Those patches are based on Ingo's original 2.4 patches with
back-ported fixes from 2.4-ac and 2.5. Unfortunately, at the moment the
patch is a bit out of sync. The only 2.4 version of the scheduler I
have been able to keep up-to-date is 2.4-ac... but the patch is not too
bad.

I think the reason my patches differ from Ingo's is that Ingo includes
code that is not yet in mainline 2.5. For example, last I checked his
patches had the SCHED_BATCH stuff, which is good, but I only want to put
code that is in 2.5 already and tested.

        Robert Love