Re: export of sys_call_table

From: Brian F. G. Bidulock (bidulock@openss7.org)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 06:55:37 EST

Arjan,

On Fri, 04 Oct 2002, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> > static long asmlinkage sys_spipe(int *fd)
> > {
> > int ret = -ENOSYS;
> > read_lock(&streams_call_lock);
> > if (do_spipe)
> > ret = do_spipe(fd);
> > read_unlock(&streams_call_lock);
> > return ret;
> > }
>
> ehm sys_spipe doesn't exist, neither do all but 2 of the others you
> showed.

spipe, fattach, fdetach can sometimes be faked with ioctl().
Perhaps we can reserve these while we're at it.

> iBCS is dead. It's called linux-abi nowadays.....

AFAIK it lives on as socksys under sparc architecture. See
for example solaris_putmsg and solaris_getmsg in 2.4.18
arch/sparc64/solaris/systbl.S and arch/sparc64/solaris/timod.c

> > But this is repetative and doesn't solve replacement of existing
> > system calls for profilers and such.
>
> Profilers don't actually NEED this.... OProfile is fixed for this for
> example in the 2.5 branch.

Fair enough. I only really care about the STREAMS system calls...

--brian

--
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
bidulock@openss7.org    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦