Re: RAID backup

From: Lars Marowsky-Bree (lmb@suse.de)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 03:00:51 EST

On 2002-10-03T16:59:57,
   Effrem Norwood <enorwood@effrem.com> said:

> With multiple inexpensive large disk arrays from companies like Network
> Appliance (NearStor) and Exstor (T-2120) organizations are asynchronously
> mirroring their data to geographically distant locations to prevent single
> points of failure with their arrays.

Let's just point out that Linux can do that too with drbd.

(I wonder if that will stay a separate module or whether it'll become a EVMS
plugin ;-)

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@suse.de>

--
Principal Squirrel
Research and Development, SuSE Linux AG

``Immortality is an adequate definition of high availability for me.''
	--- Gregory F. Pfister