Re: [Evms-devel] Re: EVMS Submission for 2.5

From: Oliver Neukum (oliver@neukum.name)
Date: Thu Oct 03 2002 - 16:02:36 EST

On Thursday 03 October 2002 23:37, Greg KH wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 09:52:12PM +0200, Oliver Neukum wrote:
> > device != medium
> > There's a need to report that as well.
>
> I completely agree. That's why I'm working on adding class support to
> /sbin/hotplug which will enable all "mediums" that are added or removed
> within the kernel to notify userspace of this event.

Ehm, how ?
Perhaps this is a misunderstanding.
You need to report changes of the actual physical medium of eg. a zip drive.
How you want to do this from a class driver, I fail to see.

Beside that you need of course to report things like iscsi which have volumes,
but not really devices.

        Regards
                Oliver