Re: initrd breakage in 2.5.38-2.5.40

From: Mikael Pettersson (mikpe@csd.uu.se)
Date: Thu Oct 03 2002 - 06:52:47 EST

Alexander Viro writes:

> On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Mikael Pettersson wrote:
>
> > First I thought the problem was caused by a apparently missing
> > set_capacity() call in 2.5.38's drivers/block/rd.c:
>
> I _really_ doubt it - check the loop just above the add_disk() one.
> set_capacity() call is done there, repeating it won't change anything.

That loop does set_capacity() on each element in rd_disks[], but
set_capacity(disk,size) just sets disk->capacity = size, and
initrd_disk is a different variable so I don't see how initrd_disk
could ever get a capacity assigned to it unless by an explicit
"set_capacity(&initrd_disk, rd_size * 2);".

/Mikael