Re: this code does not get called in dev.c so do we need it?

From: will fitzgerald (linux_learning@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Thu Oct 03 2002 - 06:13:56 EST

thanks David, for your speedy reply.

you say that fast routing occurs in the device driver
level.
how does it send a packet from router eth0 to router
eth1?
is it on the bus? (is this like zero copy jumping from
one device directly to another?)

if fast routing saves time in not having to go to the
ip layer why is it not used alll the time?

is it buggy?

i know you say it hasn't been implemented in the
drivers and you actually have to hack the drivers to
do it,but why have hack the drivers at all?

thanks,
will.