Re: Linux 2.5.40-ac1

From: Greg Ungerer (gerg@snapgear.com)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 18:38:11 EST

Hi Alan,

> Linux 2.5.40-ac1
[snip]
> o Merge most of ucLinux stuff (Greg Ungerer)

Woohoo!

> | It needs putting somewhere so we can pick over the
> | hard bits left
> | Q: Wouldn't drivers/char/mem-nommu.c be better

OK, that is easy to do...

> | Q: How to do the procfs stuff tidily

Yes. I need to spend some time on this one. Just lots
of little differences...

> | Q: Wouldn't it be nicer to move all mm or mmnommu specific ksyms
> | int the relevant mm/*.c file area instead of kernel/ksyms

OK, I have a new patch today that cleans all this up.
I made all the existing ksysms symbols present. It turns out
many where already there in my more recent patches anyway.
A couple needed to be stubbed. The next patch has no diffs
to ksyms at all.

> | Q: Why ifdef out overcommit - its even easier to account on
> | MMUless and useful info

I was looking over this yesterday too. Should be able to clean this
up a bit.

What do you think about the separate mm/mmnommu directories
at the top level? Should the mmnommu be merged into mm?

Do you want me to CC you when I put new patches up?

Thanks
Greg