Re: a problem report

From: Sam Ravnborg (sam@ravnborg.org)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 14:36:00 EST

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 01:49:11PM -0500, Peter Samuelson wrote:
> [Sam Ravnborg]
[Snip faulty Config.in patch]

> That's not right. You can't use '||' in config language. (Try it
> with xconfig some time.)

I was aware of this, the only reason why I posted this was to let people
proceed with menuconfig, and to give them a response.

Roman Zippel already posted a correct path, that he also has sent to Linus.
Although I do not understand where the ALSA people are in this game.

> This 'if' statement syntax has *got* to go. I posted an incomplete
> replacement syntax some time ago, but abandoned it because it appeared
> Roman was almost ready to merge his new config stuff....
The 2.5.39 version of Roman's lkc looked really good IMHO, but I think
more people has to get into the discussion before it will be accepted.
I for one is not the right person to comment on the config
language, old or new.

        Sam