Re: input layer strangeness

From: Vojtech Pavlik (vojtech@suse.cz)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 01:09:52 EST

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 09:23:43PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:

> It's been doing this ever since the input layer changes:
>
> - open a few xterms
> - press the spacebar, leave pressed
> - start waggling the mouse about
> - stop pressing spacebar, keep waggling the mouse about,
> across the xterms
>
> The keystrokes *never* stop coming. Just the continuous mouse
> activity causes a stream of keyboard input, at seemingly the normal
> autorepeat rate. I can keep them coming for 30 seconds, just by
> moving the mouse.

Do they stop coming when you stop moving the mouse or they don't stop at
all? The first would be quite interesting, the second would probably be
a missed key release event due to keyboard controller overload by the
mouse.

> In practice, it's irritating because it's quite easy to get a
> stream of erroneous input dumped into the wrong windows.
>
> It's a vanilla dual pentium with an AT keyboard and a PS/2
> mouse.

Can you check if it happens also on UP? Just want to know if it might be
a SMP issue ...

--
Vojtech Pavlik
SuSE Labs