input layer - activate keyboard

From: Dennis Björklund (db@zigo.dhs.org)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 00:48:16 EST

I see there is a lot of talk about a new input layer so why not some
more!

I have an IBM Rapid Access keyboard that needs to be sent an activation
code to activate the multimedia keys at startup. Is there support for
this? I would not be surprised if there where other input devices who also
needs commands sent to them.

I am very used to this keyboard and I wouldn't want to exchange it, so
even though I have not yet tried 2.5.x I'll probably do it just for this.

--
/Dennis