Re: Linux v2.5.40 - and a feature freeze reminder

From: James H. Cloos Jr. (cloos@jhcloos.com)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 11:35:26 EST

>>>>> "Markus" == Markus Weiss <mweiss38@gmx.net> writes:

Markus> I also would love to test on my laptop (especially because of
Markus> ACPI), but I have / on LVM :-(

I got this reply to my recent, similar note:

-JimC

attached mail follows:

> I can't test 2.5 on this box, as /home, /opt, /tmp, /usr, /var and
> swap are all in LVM1.

Use EVMS CVS with 2.5, and enable the LVM support it includes.

Works great for me under 2.5.38.

You just have to remember to mount (or set up devfsd/whatever to
create the right symlinks for you) /dev/evms/lvm/<whatever> instead of
/dev/<whatever>.

--Dan