Re: 2.4 mm trouble [possible lru race]

From: Daniel Phillips (phillips@arcor.de)
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 10:29:00 EST

On Tuesday 01 October 2002 16:20, Richard.Zidlicky@stud.informatik.uni-erlangen.de wrote:

> > The theoretical lru race possibly spotted in the wild...
> >

> > > Now I am wondering if that is just coincidence or why m68k hit that
> > > error so reliably.. is it supposed to have any effect at all on
> > > UP?
> >
> > Are you running UP+preempt?
>
> no preempt or anything fancy, m68k vanila 2.4.19 (well almost).

Vanilla would be CONFIG_SMP=y, is that what you have? Otherwise please
disregard the post just above (which hasn't appeared on the list yet)
because spin_lock/unlock would be null, and the tests I suggested would
have no effect.

We would then be left with a *very* small number of candidates, which
we will test in accordance with the "what remains must be the truth"
principle.

--
Daniel