Re: cdrecord, IDE-SCSI and 2.5.39

From: bonganilinux@mweb.co.za
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 - 03:16:39 EST

> > Which kernel are you running? I have compiled ide-scsi support into
> > 2.5.39 and I get an Oops after booting.
> >

> I'm using kernel 2.5.39. I've used various flavors of linus' bk tree and
> haven't seen any problems. However, upon further review, I can cause oops
> on request when rmmod sr_mod or ide-scsi. I'm going to write up a full
> report tomorrow, but it is similar to what others have reported. I have
> to get up at 0230 in the morning so it's time for bed now.

Hi,

Have you tried to build ide-scsi support into the kernel? I will
try to compile the kernel with ide-scsi support as modules and see
how it goes when I get home. I did write down the oops that i get
and posted it on the list. I haven't got any feed back on it yet.

The original post of the Oops is here
http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0209.3/1493.html

Thanx