2.4.20-pre8 on a Dell Optiplex GX260

From: Brian J. ConwayNOSPAM (bconway@allegromicro.com)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 15:39:59 EST

I've recently installed Mandrake 9.0 on a Dell Optiplex GX260 with a P4
2.00 GHz at work. As UDMA didn't work (a known issue with 2.4.19 on i845G
boards), I compiled 2.4.20-pre8 with GCC 3.2. I have a couple of
questions on hardware support. Dmesg and .config are attached.

a.) I haven't seen the "ACPI table" lines before on any of my systems, and
I didn't enable ACPI in the kernel configuration. Assuming that's
supposed to be there, I was under the impression that only the non-Xeon
P4's supported hyperthreading, yet it claims that there are two processors
present. I could just compile with SMP support, but any ideas on why it's
giving me that?

b.) Is it a problem that the it reports that BIOS setup for the ICH4 was
incomplete? Nothing appears to be broken and I do get UDMA, but my CD
drive appears to disable it right after boot.

I'm not on the mailing list, so please CC me and remove the NOSPAM.
Thanks.

Brian J. Conway
bconway@allegromicro.com

processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 2
model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz
stepping : 4
cpu MHz : 1992.659
cache size : 512 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm
bogomips : 3971.48