Mouse/Keyboard problems with 2.5.38

From: Stian Jordet (liste@jordet.nu)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 18:31:12 EST

Hello,
I haven't really tried a 2.5 kernel for a very long time. I used some of
the earliest, but then I suddenly had problems booting one of them, and
haven't really taken much effort in getting it boot lately.

But now I decided I should try again. I got 2.5.38 booted after some
initial trouble. But, I have a couple of weird problems. First, the
mouse. I have a Logitech Cordless Optical mouse. With kernel 2.4.x I use
MouseManPlusPS/2 as the XFree mouse-driver. Then I can use the wheel and
the fourth button just as expected. But with kernel 2.5.38 neither the
wheel or the fourth button works. I change protocol to IMPS/2 in XFree,
and everything works like expected, but the fourth button works just
like pussing the wheel (third button). This is excactly the same
behavior as with 2.4.20-pre7 (that's why I use MouseManPlusPS/2). Anyone
have a clue why this doesn't work with kernel 2.5.38?

Second problem, if I press SHIFT+PAGEUP, my computer freezes. It spits
out this message: "input: AT Set 2 keyboard on isa0060/serio0, and then
it's dead. I have a Logitech cordless keyboard.

Anyone else experienced this?

Best regards,
Stian Jordet