Re: Possible bug and question about ide_notify_reboot in 2.4.19

From: Alex Davis (alex14641@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Sep 14 2002 - 14:52:23 EST

> Hint 1. Other people make disks too.
I'm glad you and I realize that. It seems that others might not. So
far, in this thread, only one person using one brand of disk (IBM)
has found something in writing about the cache issue. Let's see,
that leaves Maxtor/Quantum, Seagate, Fujitsu, .....

> Hint 2. The guys who did the code include a member of the standards
> committee.
And your point is...?? Does this somehow preclude them being wrong??

>Unless Andre agrees the change is required in the new IDE they won't be
>going in.
Fair enough.