Re: 2.4.20pre5aa2

From: Stephen Lord (lord@sgi.com)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 14:17:42 EST

On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 20:18, Samuel Flory wrote:

> The system has 4G of ram, and 4G of swap. So real memory is not an
> issue. The system is a intended to be an nfs server. As a result nfs
> performance is my only real concern. I should really use CONFIG_3GB as
> I'm not doing much in user space other a tftp, and dhcp server.
>
> In any case the system isn't in production so I can leave it as is
> till monday.

So, after backing out 00_net-softirq (this was killing my networking
and NFS setup for some reason) and applying the new scheduler
related fix in xfs, I have had this kernel up a few hours running
dbench and a bunch of other things, it has not hung once or exhibited
any other problems.

Having said that, my environment is different, I do not have 4G of
memory, I have 128M, and I also do not have md - not enough disks
right now to do that.

Steve

--

Steve Lord voice: +1-651-683-3511 Principal Engineer, Filesystem Software email: lord@sgi.com