Re: [OFFTOPIC] Spamcop

From: Larry McVoy (lm@bitmover.com)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 16:13:38 EST

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 05:06:15PM -0400, Gerhard Mack wrote:
> Check your logs .. it looks like maybe somone was sending spoofed
> requests? Either that or somone was a total dumbass.
>
> I wonder how hard it is to generate enough requests to get somone listed.

In the for what it is worth department, I got mail from "esr@thyrus.org"
with a subject of "cool game" or something like that, and it was obviously
forged. It's interesting that they are getting smart enough to make it look
like it comes from someone that you've communicated with in the past. Sigh.

--
---