route inode->block_device in 2.5?

From: Peter T. Breuer (ptb@it.uc3m.es)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 11:22:42 EST

Is there a pointer chain by which one can get to the struct
block_device of the underlying block device from an inode?

Well, or from kdev_t (since inode->i_rdev is such).

I want to drop a 'special' request on to the request queue of the
backing device, but I can't find a convenient entry point with more than
an inode to hand, and I can't find the route from there. Tes, I can get
the major, and look at that offset in the blk_dev array, but those are
blk_dev_struct 's not struct block_device's.

I agree that you may well ask why I want to do this, but at the moment
this is just experimetin, so i can't answer sensibly - to try the effect
of 'special' requests, maybe. If it's not possible, tell me, and I'll
concentrate on some other thing.

Thanks for any hint kindly dropped ..

Peter