Possible Bug in 2.4.19

From: Jason Baker (baker@cyborgworkshop.com)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 04:48:58 EST

I think I may have found a bug in Kernel 2.4.19. I am working on a
project that makes use of RAM disks. In kernel 2.4.18, I am able to
create RAM disks using the /dev/ram devices. Building a 2.4.19 kernel
using make oldconfig and not selecting any new options, limits me to only
being able to build a single RAM disk. Regardless of what device I
instruct the box to use, it always trys to use /dev/ram0. I am not a
kernel hacker by any means, but have tracked it down to 2.4.19 being the
only thing different when my system acts up. I am not subscribed to the
mailing list, so please CC replies to me, thank you.

                 Jason
         www.cyborgworkshop.com
...and the geek shall inherit the earth...