Re: Linux 2.4.20pre5-ac5

From: Tony Spinillo (tspinillo@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 05:48:26 EST

Alan,

I tagged piix as modular and removed the task file stuff.
The DVD and burner showedup. Running atapci, showed
the drives as DMA enabled (I had to pick Generic PCI bus-master
DMA support to get the piix option).
Hdparm would not work with piix loaded, I got similiar errors
when trying to mount (see below).

I could mount a cd and copy files no problem(without piix loaded).
I then loaded the piix module. It loaded sucessfully. I tried to
mount the cd and got errors.
Also /proc/ide/piix did not show up.

Log snips below, I also put links to full files at end of message.

If I missed something or you need anything else
let me know. Thanks!

Tony

atapci before piix load (it's the same afterward):
pcibus = 33333
00:1f.1 vendor=8086 device=24cb class=0101 irq=16 base4=cc01