Re: Performance differences in recent kernels

From: rwhron@earthlink.net
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 22:45:21 EST

> Can you test on equal partitions too?

Tonight I updated the scripts so all filesystem types
will use the same partition.

> We need to get Chris's patches into the tree

> Can we ask you to test again with these patches applied?

> ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/mason/patches/data-logging

If you have patches against a current tree, I can apply
them before testing a kernel. I'll start paying more
attention to reiserfs-list. It's probably best to test
patches when the -rc series starts.

> AIM is a proprietary benchmark, yes?

It's gpl. i only running aim7 on ext2 atm.

> If we send you a copy of reiser4
> next month, would you be willing to give it a run?

Will there be a choice of mounting reiserfs
or reiser4? (like ext2 or ext3), or will there
be a complete departure?

--
Randy Hron
http://home.earthlink.net/~rwhron/kernel/bigbox.html