Re: ignore pci devices?

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 07:38:00 EST

On Wed, 2002-09-11 at 13:20, Gerd Knorr wrote:
> Neverless this works fine in the non-hotplugging modular driver case,
> i.e. it can be used to fix that particular bt878 card issue. Might also
> be useful for testing ressource allocation error paths of PCI drivers.

Up until 2.4.20pre6 they are broken in the PCI core. IDE found that one
out.

The reserve module is an interesting approach though. I had been
pondering doing a rename module for some similar purposes but completely
missed that one.

BTW we have pci_request_resource stuff that would shrink your module a
fair bit