Re: Calculating kernel logical address ..

From: Gerd Knorr (kraxel@bytesex.org)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 02:03:44 EST

> > It looks drivers/media/video/video-buf.c uses alloc_kiovec() and
> > map_user_kiobuf() to do it.
>
> For video-buf.c and for Imran's application, that's just a wrapper
> which is used to get at get_user_pages().

My latest video-buf.c version already uses get_user_pages() directly.
Get the latest bttv bits from http://bytesex.org/snapshot/ if you want
to have a look at the code. Will go into 2.5 with the next batch of
video4linux updates.

  Gerd

--
You can't please everybody.  And usually if you _try_ to please
everybody, the end result is one big mess.