RE: Calculating kernel logical address ..

From: Imran Badr (imran.badr@cavium.com)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 12:31:44 EST

The virt_to_bus() macro would work only for kernel logical addresses. I am
trying to find a portable way to figure out the kernel logical address of a
user buffer so that I could use virt_to_bus() for DMA. The user address is
mmap'ed from kmalloc'ed buffer in the mmap() entry of my driver. Now when
the user wants to send this data to the PCI device, it makes an ioctl call
and give the user address to the driver. Now driver has to figure out the
kernel logical address for DMA.

Thanks,
Imran.