Patch?: linux-2.5.33/drivers/input/keyboard/atkbd.c allow SETLEDS to fail

From: Adam J. Richter (adam@yggdrasil.com)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 08:51:11 EST

        I have a computer with an Iwill VD133 motherboard doing
USB-to-PS/2 keyboard emulation (built into the chipset somewhere)
for a BTC 7932M USB keyboard. Under this configuration, the
SETLEDS command in atkbd_probe fails (the first atkbd_sendbyte
in atkbd_command fails), but the keyboard otherwise works if
that failure is ignored.

        I noticed this when my keyboard stopped working in 2.5.32.
I have verified that 2.5.31 (and probably all kernels before it)
also do not set the LEDs on my USB-emulating-PS/2 keyboard.

        I cannot say whether the problem occurs with other USB
keyboards because I don't have one handy.

        One cannot run the USB keyboard "natively" via Linux USB on this
motherboard because the BIOS does not seem to set an IRQ line for the USB
controller. I've tried booting with "pci=biosirq", and I think I've tried
all the relevant BIOS menu options, and I'm running the latest BIOS,
and the VD133 product has been terminated. So the patch does seem to be
"necessary" to support some configurations, at least for now.

--
Adam J. Richter     __     ______________   575 Oroville Road
adam@yggdrasil.com     \ /                  Milpitas, California 95035