Re: Linux 2.4.20-pre4-ac2

From: Daniel Egger (degger@fhm.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 11:23:57 EST

Am Mon, 2002-08-26 um 17.15 schrieb Benjamin Herrenschmidt:

> FYI, gmac is now obsolete and is replaced by the sungem
> driver.

> I'll soon send a patch removing it entirely from the kernel
> source tree as there is no case where it works better than
> sungem on a given HW.

Indeed, I banged it hard on my PowerBook G4 and it works like
a charm and even in cases where gmac had occasional problems
like on wakeup or media-changes.

What are your plans to visualise the gmac removal in the config?
At the moment it's not exactly obvious that sungem will work
in place for gmac.

--
Servus,
       Daniel