Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] cfbimgblt.c

From: Antonino Daplas (adaplas@pol.net)
Date: Sat Aug 24 2002 - 17:59:02 EST

On Sat, 2002-08-24 at 20:33, Paul Mackerras wrote:

Hi Paul,

> James Simmons writes:
>
> > Paul please test the code.
>
> (The new cfbimgblt.c, that is.)

Thanks for testing the code :)

> It mostly seems to be fine, except there are some problems with the
> cursor. I have only tested it with the standard 8x16 font so far
> though. I had to add a #include <video/fbcon.h> near the top to get
> the definitions of fb_readl and fb_writel.

Can you test it with a bit depth not a multiple of 32/64? Or just force
the code to always call slow_imageblit? I'm concerned about
slow_imageblit not correct with big endian machines.

> It seems to be not erasing the cursor image when it should. So, if I
> am logged in on the console and I type a few characters and then press
> backspace a few times, it leaves those character positions entirely
> white. Also, when I press return it leaves the cursor image on that
> line as well as drawing the cursor after the shell prompt on the next
> line.

It looks like a fillrect problem.

> I just tried with the old cfbimgblt.c and it also does the same
> thing. So it's not the new cfbimgblt.c that is doing this, it's
> something else in your fbcon changes (or just possibly mine :). This
> is with atyfb with my patches.
> Paul.
I'm also attaching cfbfillrect.c which hopefully addresses some of the
problems which Geert mentioned before (access/pitch alignment, support
for all bit depths, etc).

Tony

PS. Sorry about the attachment, my mailer mangles inline text.