Re: kernel BUG at /usr/src/linux-2.5.30/include/linux/dcache.h:261!

From: Patrick Mochel (mochel@osdl.org)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 16:47:47 EST

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Andries Brouwer wrote:

> > It would be much more useful if the oops code were to dump the
> > text preceding the exception EIP rather than after it, actually.
>
> I think I already mentioned what the stack trace is for this oops:
> for me, it is sd_detach -> driverfs_remove_partitions ->

For some reason, the put_device() is forcing the refcount to 0, which
shouldn't be happening. The refcounting model for devices is pretty wack
right now, and this is one of a few places that's hitting it..

To solve this issue, I really think that driverfs_remove_partitions can go
away. When a device's driverfs directory, all the files in it will be
removed, so explicitly removing them is unnecssary.

        -pat