Re: fix CONFIG_HIGHPTE

From: Martin J. Bligh (Martin.Bligh@us.ibm.com)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 00:16:04 EST

> And we'll need that, to reduce load on KM_PTECHAIN. Because
> there's no point in pte_highmem without also having pte_chain_highmem,
> yes?

I'm not sure I agree that there's no point. If we shove half the
overhead into highmem (well, maybe 1/3 depending if on your PTE size),
we can fit a workload double the size. Not to be sniffed at. 50% of
the benefit at 5% of the cost.

No, it doesn't completely solve the problem, but it's another hammer
to give it a good sturdy whack over the head with.

M.