Re: pppd[32497]: Unsupported protocol 'CallBack Control Protocol (CBCP)' (0xc029) received

From: Richard B. Johnson (root@chaos.analogic.com)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 14:30:18 EST

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Diego Calleja wrote:

> In different kernels I've seen this message:
>
> Aug 6 19:10:01 localhost pppd[32497]: Unsupported protocol 'CallBack
> Control Protocol (CBCP)' (0xc029) received
>

> Is pppd who has to handle this protocol, or it's a "ToDo" in ppp in the
> kernel? In the last case, will it be implemented?
>
> and, what's the hell is the "Callback Protocol?"

You are connected to a M$ 'server' and it's trying to interrogate
your machine with 'Magic Lantern'. I don't think you want it
implemented. From what I hear, it's what the US Government decided
that M$ must put into everything so that any 'Duly authorized....'
can peer into your computer.

Check it out. Scary...

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
The US military has given us many words, FUBAR, SNAFU, now ENRON.
Yes, top management were graduates of West Point and Annapolis.