Re: Future of Kernel tree 2.0 ............

From: Austin Gonyou (austin@digitalroadkill.net)
Date: Sat Jul 13 2002 - 11:28:22 EST

I'd imagine that it would, JMHO, but it makes little sense, at least for
prime-time level maintenance of a kernel who's architecture, while valid
for use in many areas, is still far limited, even in light of 2.4.

The advancements which 2.6 will bring, over 2.4, will be extraordinarily
different, in terms of overall architecture it seems. Even if it's only
a 20% architecture difference from 2.4, think of how much further from
2.0 that is.

My $0.02.

Austin Gonyou <austin@digitalroadkill.net>