Re: [Lse-tech] Re: [RFC] dcache scalability patch (2.4.17)

From: Dipankar Sarma (dipankar@in.ibm.com)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 13:02:05 EST

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 09:40:08PM +0530, Dipankar Sarma wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 10:29:53AM -0400, Alexander Viro wrote:
> > Where is
> > * version for 2.5.<current>
> > * analysis of benefits in real-world situations for 2.5 version?
>
> I know that 2.5 patches are available, but Maneesh will probably
> respond to this on Monday.
>
> I am working on getting 2.5 measurements done. BTW, would you consider
> specweb99 reasonably real-world ? If not, do you have any suggestions
> for benchmarks ? I suspect that dbench wouldn't cut it ;-).

Hi Al,

Mark Hahn made a good point over private email that real-worldness
also includes hardware. I will dig around and see if we can work out
a setup with different dual/4CPU hardware to do webserver benchmarks
and analyze results for 2.5 patches.

Thanks

--
Dipankar Sarma  <dipankar@in.ibm.com> http://lse.sourceforge.net
Linux Technology Center, IBM Software Lab, Bangalore, India.