Re: IDE/ATAPI in 2.5

From: Jens Axboe (axboe@suse.de)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 10:05:53 EST

On Fri, Jul 12 2002, Martin Dalecki wrote:
> U?ytkownik Jens Axboe napisa?:
> >On Fri, Jul 12 2002, Martin Dalecki wrote:
> >
> >>Workarounds in ide-cd - none.
> >

> >you must be kidding?
> >

> OK OK.
>

> } else if (ireason == 1) {
> /* Some drives (ASUS) seem to tell us that status
> * info is available. just get it and ignore.
> */
> ata_status(drive, 0, 0);
> return 0;
> } else {
> /* Drive wants a command packet, or invalid ireason... */
> printk ("%s: cdrom_read_intr: bad interrupt reason %d\n",
> drive->name, ireason);
> }

There are more, the BCD stuf, etc. I'm just saying there are quite a few
work-arounds buried here and there in ide-cd, saying 'none' is a bit
simplified.

> Long time not enabled one:
>
> #if !STANDARD_ATAPI
> /* the Sanyo 3 CD changer uses byte 7 of TEST_UNIT_READY to
> switch CDs instead of supporting the LOAD_UNLOAD opcode */
>
> cmd[7] = cdi->sanyo_slot % 3;
> #endif

Not enabled per-default, but possible. Dunno if anyone actually uses it,
though. That kind of stuff you only find out when it's too late :/

--
Jens Axboe