2.4.18 + autofs on SMP problems

From: Ronny Lampert (EED) (Ronny.Lampert@eed.ericsson.se)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 12:05:46 EST

Hi,

when using autofs, /proc/mounts gets screwed up (please look at attachement - I hope outlook won't ruin it),
so entries are listed multiple times; to get rid of this, you have to unmount them in the correct order, multiple times.

I think, this is an SMP-Problem, as on ~100 UP machines it's running fine.

Stats:
-gcc 2.95.3
-kernel 2.4.18 + O(1) sched (with or without, the same)
-autofs v3 in kernel (had the same problem with v4 way back at ~2.4.14-16, so i backed to v3)
-/usr/sbin/automount-version 3.1.7
-Dual Xeon 500 with 3G ram (4G option set in kernel)
-mount 2.10r
-glibc 2.1.3
-Base RedHat 6.2 install

Rebooting to test kernel-autofsv4 at the moment not possible.
If you need further information, please say so.

Kind regards,

Ronny