Re: Is 'transname' still alive ?

From: Bernd Schubert (bernd-schubert@web.de)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 07:20:29 EST

Hi,

we also using ClusterNFS but also experience several UNFSD bugs. So we have
decided to try to reimplement transname into 2.4.18. Actually reading the
'translated' filename already works, but writing and other functions are
still a problem.

So we are working on it, but since we don't have a lot of time, it might take
a while until it is ready.

Btw, some help from people who are familiar with VFS is highly appreciated.

Bernd

PS: The CVS version from ClusterNFS has some problems with the CREATE-tag
fixed (though for all files that have a create-tag but no client specific
file, IO-errors appear; the fix for this is already ready since several
months, but I had to experience another bug, that made this fix useless).

Bernd Schubert
Physikalisch Chemisches Institut
Abt. Theoretische Chemie
INF 229, 69120 Heidelberg
Tel.: 06221/54-5210
e-mail: bernd (dot) schubert (at) pci (dot) uni (minus) heidelberg (dot) de