Re: Loopback + NFS: files copied partially with bogus error message.

From: Manuel McLure (manuel@mclure.org)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 22:08:38 EST

On Mon, 2002-07-01 at 22:35, Manuel McLure wrote:
> I'm running two machines, one ("leng") running a Red Hat 2.4.9-31
> kernel, the other ("ulthar") running a 2.4.18+lowlatency kernel. On
> "leng", I have ISO images of the Red Hat 7.3 install CDs mounted through
> loopback, and exported via NFS. "ulthar" mounts the images via NFS from
> "leng":
... it does a partial copy and then fails with a "No such
> file or directory" error. The size of the file after the failed copy
> varies - sometimes I've seen up to 26MB be copied (the actual size of
> the file is 42M). No errors are listed in the system logs of either
> system. Copies from the loopback filesystem to a local file on "leng"
> succeed, as are copies from an ext3 filesystem on "leng" to "ulthar"
> over NFS - the problem only seems to happen with the combination.

I upgraded the OS version on "leng" to Red Hat 7.3 with kernel 2.4.18-5
and the problem seems to be fixed, so never mind.

--
Manuel A. McLure KE6TAW <manuel@mclure.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,