[OKS] Kernel release management

From: Bill Davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 13:25:16 EST

I suggested that 2.5 be opened when 2.4 came out, so I like the idea of
2.7 starting when 2.6 is released. I think developers will maintain the
2.6 work out of pride and desire to have a platform for the "next big
thing." And their code can always be placed on hold for 2.7 until they
clarify their thinking on 2.6, if that's really needed.

Most of the developers take pride in what they did in the recent past and
would certainly not be a problem if a fix were needed. And if there is a
reasonable -rc process there shouldn't be any major bugs of the "start
over" variety.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc