Happy Hacking Keyboard Lite Mk 2 USB Problems with 2.4.18.

From: Ralph Corderoy (ralph@inputplus.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 06:02:02 EST

Hi,

Does anyone here have a USB Happy Hacking Keyboard Lite Mk 2 keyboard?

On connecting to my 2.4.18 Linux system I find that it works great,
except that certain triples of keys produce four characters instead of
three when typed in rapid succession. This happens under XFree86 and
also at a tty. For example, typing `swa' rapidly produces `swaw'.

Further investigation revealed that only certain combination of keys
exhibit the problem. More examples are

    keys produces
    rty rtty
    yui yuui
    tyu tyuy
    swa swaw
    jhg jhgh

But other won't show the problem, e.g. `zxc', `asd', and `qwe'.

My theory is that usbkbd.o doesn't cope with ErrorRollover which is
being generated, unlike hid.o which didn't used to but does now.

    http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0104.2/1022.html

Diffing 2.4.18's usbkbd.c against 2.5.7 suggests the problem still
exists in 2.5.7.

I'd like to know that others can re-produce the problem.

Cheers,

Ralph.