Re: Can't find watchdog timer (sc1200)

From: Christer Weinigel (wingel@nano-system.com)
Date: Sun Jun 30 2002 - 05:56:04 EST

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy@karlsbakk.net> writes:

> I can't make linux (2.4.19-rc1) detect the watchdog timer in the sc1200. Any
> ideas?

http://basselope.nano-system.com/~wingel/scx200_wdt.diff

I'm not all that sure if that driver works on the sc1200 because that
driver tries to talk to the watchdog in the SuperI/O chip and that
chip has another watchdog circuit too. I've written a driver for the
other watchdog chip, so if you can, please try this patch against a
2.4.9-pre10 kernel:

   http://basselope.nano-system.com/~wingel/scx200_wdt.diff

This patch is a part of my patches for the NatSemi SCx200 family of
chips, so I hope I haven't missed anything. If it works for you,
please drop me a mail and I'll try to get it included in the main
kernel.

  /Christer