Re: /proc/scsi/map

From: Kurt Garloff (garloff@suse.de)
Date: Sun Jun 16 2002 - 14:41:12 EST

Hi Richard,

I was in no way intending to trigger a discussion about devfs.
Some of the things addressed by the scsi/map patch indeed are no issue if
you use devfs; that's why I mentioned devfs at all.
I don't want to bash devfs and I think it's nice that it's in the kernel,
so users have the choice to use it and the motivation to improve it.

But the problem that I wanted to address IMHO should also be solved
for those people that for one or another reason decided not to use
devfs.

And face it: I do not think that all major Linux distributions will
start to use devfs within short future. The example you mentioned
(Mandrake) is certainly not a good one: Look at their update kernel.

Best regards,

--
Kurt Garloff  <garloff@suse.de>                          Eindhoven, NL
GPG key: See mail header, key servers         Linux kernel development